I have the back to school itch. Little Lady is starting full day Kindergarten this year and her supply list has grown quite a bit. We went back to school shopping over the weekend and I couldn’t help but ogle the notebooks and pens. I may have picked up a few new items for myself on our trip. After shopping all I could think about was back to school, so I created these coloring bookmarks with fun tassels that Little Lady (and you) can print out and color. These make the perfect accessory to a fall book, or an inexpensive gift for a new teacher or friend.
This post contains affiliate links, see my full disclosure policy here.
Print out these coloring bookmarks here. I used white cardstock for durability and punched a hole in the top of each to attach a tassel.
To add the tassel use embroidery floss and follow these simple steps.
- Use one skein of embroidery floor and open it up so it forms a circle.
- Fold that circle in half and tie a small length of floss around the bottom, then tie a small length of floss about a half inch up from the bottom of the tassel.
- Cut the top of the loop to make the fringe of the tassel.
- Wrap any leftover floss around the tassel and cut ends.
- Tie the floss hanging from the bottom of the tassel into a knot and loop the tassel through a hole in the bookmark.
Once the tassel is attached, these can be given as a back to school gift for a teacher or special friend. Pair them with a few colored pencils for an inexpensive and thoughtful gift. Or let your child enjoy these coloring bookmarks while diving into a new book. It’s also perfectly acceptable to color and keep these for yourself.
Download and print a copy of these coloring bookmarks here.
Who would you gift these coloring bookmarks too?
Thanks for visiting!