A simple Cricut infusible ink gift idea. Learn how to use this fun material and an easy way to create a personal gift for just about anyone on your list.
This post contains affiliate links, view my full disclosure policy here.
If you love simple inspiring projects from crafts to home decor, you’ll want to subscribe to Creative Ramblings. Never miss a post! Plus, subscribers receive exclusive access to my VIP library full of printables, games, cut files, art and more.
What is infusible ink?
Cricut infusible ink is a revolutionary new product that allows you to infuse color onto a base for a permanent and vibrant look. This material really lasts, no flaking or peeling over time! It can be applied to any compatible base and comes in a wide range of colors and patterns.
You can use infusible ink with any Cricut cutting machine and cut just about any design in the library, or something unique that you create. There are so many possibilities with this material.
Cricut compatible coasters are a great first project to try out infusible ink. I detail below just how easy this process is and show you how to pair these custom coasters with a tumbler to create a pretty gift for any occasion.
I used the following Cricut supplies for this project. Click the links to see details and purchase your own so you can start crafting! If you are new to Cricut be sure to check out my getting started post.
- Cricut infusible ink in watercolor
- Cricut round coaster blanks
- Butcher paper
- Adhesive felt pads
- Paper gift tag
- Cricut Explore Air 2
- Cutting mat
- Cricut EasyPress 2
- Weeding tool
- Open Cricut Design Space and choose Be Happy Coasters Click 'make it' and select the right material. In this case you will choose infusible ink, set your machine accordingly.
- Place an infusible ink sheet on your mat, colored ink side up. Load the machine and begin the cut. Note - the words will be mirrored.
- When the cut is complete, peel the material off the mat and weed your design. The infusible is slightly hard, a good way to weed is to "crack" it at the seams. Gently bend the material until you hear a crack, that will help separate the pieces.
- Set your EasyPress to the appropriate heat. For these coasters that is 400 degrees for 280 seconds. Refer to the heat guide for specifics.
- Wipe your coaster with a lint free cloth. Place a piece of cardstock on your EasyPress mat then set the coaster on top.
- Place the transfer face down on the coaster, tape down if necessary to hold it in place. Place a piece of butcher paper on top of the transfer sheet.
- Place the EasyPress on top for the allotted time.
- Carefully remove the EasyPress and butcher paper then pull the backing off the coaster in one motion being careful not to smudge the ink.
- Coaster will be hot, let it cool before handling.
- Add felt pads to the bottom of the coasters.
- Stack the coasters and add a tumbler on top. Fill the tumbler with candy and tie the items together with a ribbon and gift tag.
This is one of those gifts that works for so many occasions. This Cricut infusible ink gift is perfect for a friend or co-workers. Great idea for Mother’s Day or a birthday. Everyone could use a nice tumbler for whatever drink they prefer.
Fill the tumbler with candy, treats, or even office supplies! Get creative and customize this gift for that special someone on your list.
Like this project? Be sure to pin and share it.
You may also like these fun project ideas.
Have you used infusible ink? I’d love to hear about your projects.
Thanks for visiting!