Make a pretty wood round door hanger using your Cricut and some seasonal floral items. This is a great alternative to a traditional wreath and you can completely customize it to suit your personal style.
This post may contain affiliate links, view my full disclosure policy here.
A door hanger instantly adds color and style to your home entrance. This piece is not your traditional floral wreath, but a modern twist with a custom message to welcome people into your home.
Like wood signs? Check out this post and learn everything you need to know about making your own.
I always have something on my front door, whether it’s a traditional wreath or seasonal piece, I like the color it adds to my porch. Even when I don’t have flower pots or even a doormat in the dead of winter, a door hanger keeps the area welcoming.
For this project I started with a blank wood round and customized it using my Cricut, paint and floral stems.
This wood round door hanger will probably stay up all summer, replacing my absolute favorite fall and winter door hanger. I decided to change up the colors a bit for a brighter season.
A few tips for this project.
- You can use any Cricut machine to cut permanent vinyl for this door hanger. Shop here.
- Design a custom message or add your address. Make something you can’t buy in a store.
- Use coordinating paint, ribbon, and flowers to match your style or the season.
- If your front door gets a lot of use or wind, consider a thin wood round. Thicker rounds could move around too much and damage your door.
How to make a wood round door hanger
Start by gathering your supplies.
If you are not familiar with Cricut, or just getting started, this is a great beginner project. I’ll show you how to design, cut, and apply vinyl to wood. You can also check out more beginner Cricut projects.
- Cricut machine
- Cricut mat
- Weeding Tool
- Painter's tape
- Paint brush
- Hot glue
- Wire cutter
- Staple gun
- Put painter's tape on the wood round to create a strip in the middle. Paint the middle pink and the top and bottom gray.
- While the paint dries, design the message in Cricut Design Space.
- Choose the text tool to type welcome, or another message, then choose a script font. Pull the corners of the word to size it for the wood round.
- Select Make it and prep the machine. Place vinyl on the mat and load it into the machine then begin cutting.
- Pull off excess vinyl and weed the middle of the letters.
- Use transfer tape to pull the word from the backing and apply it to the dry painted wood. Press firmly with a scraper tool then pull off the transfer tape.
- Make a simple bow from wired ribbon and secure with floral wire.
- Trim down a few floral stems.
- Using hot glue, attached the floral stems and bow to the top of the wood round.
- Finally, staple a piece of twine to the back to create a hanger.
This wood round door hanger is colorful and unique! Create one for your home that you can’t find anywhere else.
Like this project? Be sure to pin and share it.
Thanks for visiting!