What can you make with the Dollar Tree candy cane wreath form? Take a look at this easy tutorial for a festive Christmas wreath using a few inexpensive materials.
This post may contain affiliate links, view my full disclosure policy.
This wreath form has been around for a few years. Dollar Tree has introduced a wide variety of wire wreath forms recently along with new materials to create with. The decorating options are really expanding.
Shopping at Dollar Tree for basic supplies like a wire form, ribbon, and floral stems is a great way to save some money on your holiday decor. For a wreath that only hangs for one month of the year, this price point can’t be beat.
If you like Dollar Tree crafts, and simple tutorials you can recreate at home, check out this YouTube Dollar Store crafts playlist for lots more inspiration.
Supplies for a candy cane wreath
There are many ways you can decorate a wire wreath form. Take a look at this gorgeous idea using decorative mesh in red and white.
I chose a simple method to create this festive candy candy and almost all of the materials are from Dollar Tree.
- Candy cane wreath form
- White towel – or an extra piece of white fabric
- White decorative mesh – found year round in the floral section
- Red ribbon – this can be found in the seasonal section near the Christmas decorations.
- Red bow
- Floral stems – use any floral picks you like for this wreath
You’ll also need a hot glue gun and glue sticks as well as a scissors.
Dollar Tree Door Hangers
I really do love an inexpensive door hanger. They stand out from wreaths and can be made from many different bases. I really like using chargers to create holiday themed decor. Add some vinyl, ribbon and floral stems to create something festive.
The craft section at Dollar Tree offers a host of wood bases for signs and door hangers. Consider painting a piece of wood, adding words and floral and a hanger to the back to create something for your front door.
You can make so many creative decorations with these inexpensive supplies including this cute DIY gnome.
Be sure to watch the video in this post to see just how easily this candy candy wreath comes together.
- Candy cane wire wreath form
- White towel
- White decorative mesh
- Red ribbon
- Red bow
- Christmas floral stems
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Lay out a white towel and place the wire wreath form upside down on top of it. Cut the towel around the form and fold up the sides, gluing in place, to completely cover the wire.
- Wrap white decorative mesh around the wreath form, gluing in place at the beginning and end.
- Wrap red ribbon diagonally around the white leaving space in-between each pass to create the look of a candy cane. Glue the ends in place.
- Add a red bow using the including twist tie or a pipe cleaner to hold it in place.
- Stick floral stems around the bow, glue in place as needed.
- Glue a small loop of ribbon to the back as a hanger.
Get creative with the decorations on this wreath. Add your favorite floral stems or use ribbon to make your own bow.
For under $10 you can create a stunning red and white Christmas wreath for your home or front porch. This is truly a simple craft that comes together in minutes.
I hope you are inspired to create your own.
If you like this project, be sure to pin and share it.
Thanks for visiting!