Christmas is not complete without a little eggnog. A classic drink that keeps any holiday party humming along. An eggnog doesn’t have to be complicated, let me share how easy it is to whip up a batch of this brandy eggnog cocktail to delight your guests this season.
Christmas drinks can be light and fruity like this sparkling vodka cranberry. Or then can be creamy and indulgent like these candy cane shooters. There are so many ways to serve up drinks at a Christmas party.
Eggnog is at the top of many lists when thinking of the perfect holiday drink. Don’t think you have to make your own from scratch to enjoy it. This brandy eggnog cocktail starts with store bought eggnog.
Once you have your jug of eggnog you can choose to mix it with a variety of liquors.
What to mix with eggnog?
- Dark Rum. A classic mixer with a smooth finish.
- Spiced rum. If you are a fan of spiced run, go ahead and add this in. It alters the flavor of the eggnog and gives it a kick.
- Peppermint Schnapps. This will give your eggnog a festive kick and the flavors blend nicely together.
- Bourbon. Mixing this in will give the drink a sweet flavor and it will be strong, smooth but strong.
- Cognac. This will highlight the nutmeg in the eggnog and create a smooth cocktail.
- Brandy. Similar to cognac, a smooth but strong drink with subtle sweet flavors.
Each of these liquors will give the eggnog a different flavor. My favorite is eggnog mixed with brandy and topped with a dusting of nutmeg. Brandy or cognac (the more expensive of the 2) brings out the eggnog flavors and is so smooth.
Mix 1 park brandy with 3 parts eggnog for each drink. Serve in small glasses or mugs and sprinkle with nutmeg.
Are you a fan of eggnog? Mis the perfect cocktail this season with this simple cocktail.
In the mood for more? Check out these recipes.
White Christmas Margarita from Weekend Craft| Peppermint White Hot Chocolate from The Lucky Pear | Christmas Cookie Cocktail from Happy Go Lucky Blog | Boozy Chocolate Gingerbread Cocktail from Red Cottage Chronicles | Easy Brandy Eggnog Cocktail from Creative Ramblings | Red Velvet Cupcake Chocolate Martini from Our Craft Mom | Cinnamon Fireball Eggnog Shots from The Daily DIY Life
Thanks for visiting!