Learn how to make a coloring bookmark that any reader will love. This is a thoughtful gift that’s easy to make with your Cricut.
This post may contain affiliate links, view my full disclosure policy.
These coloring bookmarks are the perfect gift idea for Mom or Grandma, especially if she lives far away. Pack up a bookmark with a set of colored pencils and mail this gift. You can also wrap it up with a good book or nice journal and gift it in person.
I used my Cricut Explore Air 2 for this project. It’s a versatile machine that can cut, score and draw to create this bookmark. If you are new to Cricut check out this post and learn how to get started with your machine.
This coloring bookmark doubles as an envelope to hold a few special pencils. Your Cricut does the work, you just have to fold it and add a tie along with the pencils.
- Cricut Explore Air 2
- Cricut Regular blade
- Cricut Scoring Tool
- Cricut Black marker
- Cricut Light grip mat
- White card stock
- Glue Stick
- Hole punch
- Colored pencils
- Find the following designs and add them to your canvas in Cricut design space. Envelope #M186B4E
Flower Card Face, Draw #M28D2CF
- Size the flowers to 6" x 8.5" and set this to draw. Then overlay the envelope and set it to cut.
- Lay a piece of white cardstock on a mat and insert the black marker into the Cricut machine. The flowers will be drawn onto the cardstock.
- Remove the marker when finished and insert the scoring tool. The envelope will be cut and scored.
- When the cutting is complete, remove the bookmark from the mat and fold it along the scoring lines. Adhere the flaps closed with glue.
- Punch a hole in the top.
- Fill the envelope with colored pencils, close the flap and secure with a ribbon.
Be sure to watch the video to see just how easy this project comes together.
This coloring bookmark is ideal for any reader of any age. You can choose from a variety of designs in Cricut design space to use as the coloring background.
Try this! Grab a coloring book and tear out a page you love. Load that page onto the Cricut mat then cut and score the envelope. You can skip the drawing part all together!
If you like this coloring bookmark, pin it!
Want to see more Cricut projects, here are a few of my favorites.
Follow Creative Ramblings on Pinterest and see what new and creative Cricut ideas I’m pinning.
Thanks for visiting!