Christmas season is upon us. I can now listen to Christmas music without shame (I may have been listening to it since October…). I love this time of year. Not only do we celebrate the birth of Christ, we spend time with loved ones and carry out long-standing family traditions. This season just warms my heart.
We have a Christmas Eve tradition in our young family. Little Lady is just 3 so we’re working on forming our own traditions as a family. Christmas Eve is low-key. We make cookies, wrap last-minute gifts, watch Christmas movies and just generally enjoy each other at home. We have a light dinner then head to church in the evening. As soon as we get home it’s time to put on Christmas PJ’s, set out cookies and carrots for Santa and his reindeer, and head to bed.
In the spirit of a low-key day I gathered up some items I already had at home and put together a fun and festive Christmas table. I purchased the paper plates and cups, but had the rest on hand. This is such an easy and inexpensive way to dress up a Christmas table.
After our light meal there will be very few dishes to do. A nice treat allowing us to head off to church without feeling rushed.
I love decorating with red white and silver for Christmas. This table flows nicely with the rest of the house.
Here is what I used.
- Sparkly white table-cloth
- Festive plates and cups from Target (the only pieces I purchased)
- Silver Chargers
- White paper towel folded to hold the silverware
- Clear plastic silverware
- Mini candy canes hot glued to create a tripod place card holder
- Red and silver snowflake ornaments
- A clear plastic cake stand
- Red white and silver ornaments
- A clear vase with candy canes and silver picks in the middle
- Hanging snowflakes from Little Lady’s Winter Wonderland first birthday party
I’m looking forward to having a light, low-key Christmas Eve dinner with my family around this table.
What Christmas family traditions do you have?
Thanks for visiting!