This post is sponsored by Joann, all opinions are my own.
Let me show you how to create a layered vinyl cup for any occasion using the new Cricut Maker 3 bundle from Joann.
This post may contain affiliate links, view my full disclosure policy here.
The Cricut Maker 3 is new on the craft scene and after using it for all kinds of projects I can 100% recommend this machine. If you are a crafter, looking to take your creativity to the next level, it’s time to upgrade.
Unbox the Maker 3 with me and see what’s inside and how to create your first project.
When upgrading to a machine with new features, like matless cutting, you’ll want to pick up a few new rolls of vinyl and other accessories.
It can be a little overwhelming to choose all the right accessories and vinyl if you are new to the Maker. This bundle from Joann is the best way to get started.
It has everything you need to create endless projects. The machine comes with a few pieces of materials to try out simple projects, but if you are a crafter you know those won’t last long.
This Cricut craft bundle comes with a knife blade, a basic tool set, black and white smart permanent
vinyl, and transfer tape. Everything you need to make all kinds of crafts with your new machine.
Let me show you how easily, and quickly, I made this cute layered vinyl cup using the materials in this bundle.
- Open Cricut Design Space and select a pre-made image. I chose a flower with 2 layers.
- Add this design to your canvas and size it appropriately to fit the cup.
- Click 'make it' and select 'without mat' in the cut settings. Then choose smart vinyl, permanent for the material.
- Open the Cricut Maker 3 and turn it on.
- Load in the white Smart Vinyl and start the cut.
- Repeat with the black Smart VInyl.
- Weed the excess vinyl around each shape.
- Place the cup on a rolled towel to keep it in place, this will help line up your design and make transferring easy.
- Use transfer tape to move the white vinyl to the cup.
- Use the same piece of transfer tape to move the black vinyl to the cup.
- Use a scraper tool to press down and really stick the image.
Permenant vinyl is dishwasher safe! However, these particular cups are not. Be sure to wash by hand for the best results.
Make sure your cup is clean and dry before applying vinyl for the best stick.
If you are ready to upgrade to a Cricut Maker 3, this bundle is the way to go. Get everything you need to up your crafting game.
Like this project? Be sure to pin and share it.
Have more Cricut questions? Comment below or take a look at all my Cricut projects here.
Thanks for visiting!