An easy dessert you can make today and enjoy all week, if they last that long! These frozen s’mores are a delightful treat on a warm day, they combine chocolate, graham crackers and a special ingredient to create that classic summer taste.
This post may contain affiliate links, view my full disclosure policy.
Last year I shared a family favorite recipe; frozen cool whip sandwiches. These easy treats call for just 2 ingredients and everyone in my house loves them. Plus, they are low in calories! Top them with sprinkles and my kids actually prefer these to ice cream.
This year I took our frozen treat up a notch by adding chocolate pudding. The combination tastes like a s’more right out of the freezer. Just 3 simple ingredients, a little time in the freezer, and you will have frozen s’mores to enjoy.
This recipe is a bit time consuming, each layer needs to freeze before you can enjoy this treat. If you don’t allow the layers to freeze fully you’ll end up with a sloppy mess of a sandwich. It will still taste delicious, but the mess isn’t really worth it.
Frozen cool whip sandwiches are my favorite way to enjoy a frozen dessert while not worrying about over indulging. They are creamy and delicious, yet come in under 100 calories.
Adding chocolate pudding made with skim milk adds under 50 calories to this dessert! It’s the perfect dessert to enjoy after a long summer day.
Get the full recipe below and start making your own frozen s’mores.
A delicious frozen dessert perfect for summer.
- Jell-o Chocolate Pudding - 5.9oz box
- 3 cups skim milk
- 8 oz Cool Ship
- 20 graham cracker sheets
- In a large bowl whisk together chocolate pudding and milk for 2 minutes.
- Grease a 9x13 inch pan and pour pudding into pan. Tap to distribute evenly.
- Freeze pan of pudding for at least 1 hour.
- Remove pan from the freezer and top frozen pudding with 1 8 oz tub of Cool Whip.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours until both layers are solid.
- Cut into squares the size of a graham cracker.
- Sandwich the frozen pudding and Cool Whip between 2 graham crackers and enjoy.
Store the squares in the freezer and add graham crackers just before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 140Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 97mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 2g
Ready to make your own? Pin this recipe and save it now.
A few fun variations to try:
- If you are a chocolate lover, try adding chocolate cool whip on top of the pudding layer. A double dose of the good stuff.
- Change up the pudding flavor and try using banana or pistachio for a creative new taste.
- Mix in chocolate chips to the cool whip before freezing.
- Cinnamon graham crackers used in this recipe add a wonderful spice to the dessert.
More easy recipes you will enjoy