An easy to make Cricut gift box that works well as a teacher gift. Get the full tutorial plus learn how to print your own stickers and customize this gift.
This post may contain affiliate links, view my full disclosure policy.
A simple gift, one for a teacher co-worker or friend, doesn’t have to be over the top. It can be simple and heartfelt. Making a paper box with Cricut and adding a handwritten note and special sticker is an easy way to send a thoughtful gift.
Cricut can cut hundreds of different materials, but sometimes a simple piece of cardstock is all you need. This gift box is made with a 12×12 sheet of cardstock. Use a solid color, or try a double sided pattern for a more eye catching piece.
How to make a Cricut gift box
You’ll need a Cricut machine plus the following tools and material to make this gift.
- Cricut Maker 3 is my go to machine to cut all kinds of material. It’s always on my desk and cuts faster than previous generations.
- Cricut cutting mat to adhere the paper to while cutting
- Scoring tool. The Maker 3 comes with a basic knife blade, this is all you need to cut cardstock. You’ll also need a scoring tool or scoring wheel to mark the fold lines on the box
- Carstock. As a crafter I always have pretty cardstock on hand so I can create boxes like this whenever there is a gift to give.
- Tape runner. This handy tool makes sealing up the box a breeze. You can also use craft glue to get the job done.
How to make a custom sticker
Last week I shared an easy way to make your own stickers with Cricut. Watch this video for the full process. This cute “coffee teacher repeat” design is available in Cricut Design Space search for M3D215588. You can use this or any other design you like and follow my sticker making process for cute custom gifts.
- 12 x 12 cardstock
- In Cricut Design Space open the image search and find design M3BB5B
- Size the box appropriately on the screen, make sure it will fit on a 12 inch square of cardstock.
- Send the design to the Cricut and follow the prompts to set up the machine. You will need to load the scoring stylus into clamp A alongside the knife blade.
- Cut and score the box and pull it off the mat.
- Fold along all the scored lines.
- Assemble the box and secure with glue or a tape roller.
- Add a sticker, gift tag or special design to the front, fill the box and seal the back flap.
This box holds a gift card, but can also be filled with small items or treats.
This is a versatile gift box. Customize the front with a sticker to match a theme or holiday.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Ready to make your own simple Cricut gift box? If you liked this post, be sure to pin and save it.