Here’s an easy Cricut project that will help you decorate your home for Spring. Learn how to make these beautiful paper flowers and a fun way to display them.
This post may contain affiliate links, view my full disclosure policy here.
I have been decorating with flowers and tissue paper pom poms for years! Paper is inexpensive and can be made into so many beautiful things.
These rolled paper flowers are an all time favorite and look lovely in a shadow box. I used a variety of yellow and white paper to filled a shadow box and added black vinyl to the glass front.
Cricut Paper Flowers
Today I’m sharing how easy it is to make flowers with your Cricut. Don’t have a machine yet? Start shopping to take advantage of some great deals on the machine that is right for you.
I like using the images and projects already available in Cricut Design Space. No need to reinvent the wheel when I can just pull up a perfectly made flower. All the petals and pieces are included.
Be sure to watch the video and see exactly how to pull up this design and cut it.
I used the Giant Paper Flowers cartridge and selected the peony for this project.
- Cardstock in red, yellow and cream
- Cricut Explore Air 2
- Hot glue gun
- Open a new canvas in Cricut Design Space. Click on images and search for "giant paper flowers" under cartridges. Select the flower and add it into the canvas.
- To make 1 flower, leave the pieces as is on the canvas and click Make it. To make more than one flower, duplicate all the pieces before making it.
- Follow the guided cutting instructions to cut the petals and centers of the flower. You will end up with these pieces.
- Start with one petal and fold the ends over, one on top of the other, and hot glue in place. Repeat this for all 7 petals.
- Insert the 4 larger petals into the slits of the base. Do the same with the 3 smaller petals.
- To assemble the flower center, fold over the fringe on each piece. Then hot glue the smaller piece inside the larger piece upside down.
- Use hot glue to layer the smaller petals inside the larger petals, and add the center to the flower.
Once I had a number of flowers assembled in a variety of sizes I chose to display them in a frame.
I added a piece of colorful cardstock to the frame then hot glued the flowers to the cardstock. I finished it off with a little tag that says Spring.
Decorate with Flowers
Once you know how to make paper flowers you’ll want to use them for all kinds of projects. Add a few to a simple wreath in colors that fit the season. You can stick them to picture frames and make your photos pop. Or add these flowers to the front of a handmade card for a friend. There are so many ways to use these paper creations.
Look around Cricut Design Space to find more flowers. There are options out there for so many different varities. Grab a pretty piece of cardstock and you can make a bouquet of flowers and display them in a vase. They will never wilt and you can create them to match your decor perfectly!
Pin this now to save the instructions
How would you decorate with paper flowers?
Thanks for visiting!