This fun new product let’s you add foil to all your paper crafts! Learn how to use the Cricut foil transfer kit and see what you can make.
If you love simple inspiring projects from crafts to home decor, you’ll want to subscribe to Creative Ramblings. Never miss a post! Plus, subscribers receive exclusive access to my VIP library full of printables, games, cut files, art and more.
This post contains affiliate links, view my full disclosure policy here.
Adding foil to paper crafts is a fun way to add shine and texture. There are a few ways to achieve this foiled look.
The foil quill pen is meant to be used free hand and allows you to draw and write, or use a stencil to get the foiled look.
Today I’m sharing the Cricut Foil Quill Transfer kit that will take your foiling technique to a new level.
If you are new to Cricut, or thinking about getting a cutting machine, be sure to watch this video and learn what a Cricut is and what it can do.
Once you have the basics down, you can add a foil transfer kit like the one we’re talking about today and add pretty embellishments to you creations.
Be sure to watch the video in this post as I unbox the kit and show you exactly how to use it with your Cricut machine. Read on to see step by step instructions.
- Black cardstock
- Pink cardstock
- Glue or tape
- In Cricut Design space, create your design or use this project.
- To make your own design. In images sort by Draw Only and choose a design. Under line type, select foil and the weight of the line.
- Click Make it
- Choose the material you will be foiling, in this case it is cardstock.
- Follow the prompts to help set up the machine.
On the machine
- The foil transfer kit comes with 3 tips; fine, medium and bold. Load a tip into the housing by dropping it in.
- Open clamp B on your Cricut Explore Air 2 and drop in the foil transfer housing. Close the clamp.
- Set the dial to custom.
- Place the black cardstock on the mat.
- Place the foil over the cardstock and secure with tape on all 4 sides.
- Load the mat into the machine and click continue in Design Space.
- When the foiling is complete the mat will partially unload, do not remove it all the way.
- Pull the foil off the mat and continue with your cuts. The heart will be cut around the foiling.
- Follow the prompts to cut a rectangle from the pink cardstock.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Once you know how to load and use this handy Cricut foil transfer kit, you’ll be able to add foil embellishments to all your crafts.
This is a fun way to add shine to a card, or create metallic art! There are so many possibilities.
If you like this project, be sure to pin and share it.
Thanks for visiting!