The scent of lavender has a wonderfully calming effect on me. It reminds me of a cozy bed and has a way of relieving my stress when I smell it. Whether that scent comes from an oil, a candle or a plant I can’t help but smile when I come across it. Today I am sharing a very simple tutorial that helps me spread that lovely lavender scent around my home, even to the most dingy parts. Take a look at how to sew and fill a lavender sachet and see how you can make your own.
This post contains affiliate links, view my full disclosure policy here.
Watch and learn how to sew and fill a lavender sachet
Subscribe to Creative Ramblings on YouTube for more Simple Inspiring Projects.
Here is what I used to make these sachets
- Fabric scraps, at least 10 x 5 inches
- Sewing machine or needle and thread
- White rice
- Lavender oil
Find these and more of my go to craft supplies in my Shop.
- Fold a 10 x 5 inch piece of fabric into a 5 x 5 inch square and sew on 3 sides leaving a small opening on one end.
- In a bowl, add 10 drops of lavender oil to 1 cup of dry white rice and mix.
- Using a funnel, add the rice to the fabric bag through the small opening until the bag is about halfway full.
- Sew the opening shut.
I use a lavender sachet in my linen closet. When I open the doors I am greeted with a light lavender scent and even my sheets carry the smell. I ahve started using these in teh bottom of my wash baskets too to keep any oders at bay. I also keep one in my gym bag, and sometimes in my gym shoes to keep them fresh.
Do you keep any sachets around your home? If not, or you need a few more, use this tutorial to make your own.
Thanks for viiting!
Looking for more simple inspiring projects? You might like these.