Learn how to make decorative no sew Easter pillows with this easy to follow step by step tutorial. Read on for instructions and watch the video to learn how to make your own.
This post may contain affiliate links, view my full disclosure policy.
Decorating for Easter and Spring is a way to bring color and life back into your home after a cold gray winter. I don’t change out all my decor with every season, but a few key pieces get switched up. It’s such a joy to open to the windows and watch the world bloom, it’s the perfect time to add some of those colors into your home too.
Every season brings new pillows in my home. I don’t buy that many pillows, that would get a little pricey! But I do make custom pillow covers for different seasons and holidays.
Pillow covers can be changed out as often as you want. To fill them, be sure to use sturdy and soft inserts, or just use the pillows you already have on your couch. The key is to buy decorative pillows, or inserts, that feel great and are nice and full. You can reuse these for every season and holiday with a new cover.
When buying pillow covers and inserts be sure that the inserts are slightly larger than the cover. This will give your pillows a nice full look and feel.
- Hot glue
- Print and cut a bunny image from regular copy paper, set aside.
- Cut a piece of fabric just larger than the bunny.
- Cut a piece of Heat n Bond slightly smaller than the fabric.
- Lay the heat n Bond shiny side down onto the wrong side of the fabric. Iron for a few seconds to adhere to the fabric.
- On the paper side of the Heat n Bond, that is not attached to the fabric, trace the bunny you cut out.
- Cut out the bunny shape from the fabric.
- Peel off the paper backing and iron the bunny to the pillow cover.
- Embellish the bunny with a pom pom for a tail and a ribbon around the neck using hot glue.
These pillow covers have cute bunnies on them, but they don’t scream Easter. These can easily stay out in my home through May. You can use this tutorial with other images like flowers or a butterfly. Change up the fabric and the embellishments to match your home decor.
When the seasons change, use what you have learned to make more festive pillow covers.
If you like these no sew Easter pillows be sure to pin this!
What fabric would you use to make these cute pillows?
Thanks for visiting!