I have a guest post for you today from my friend Nicole. She’s an organizing pro and sharing some tips with us today, enjoy!
Hello everyone! I’m Nicole and I blog over at Simply Nicole, a place where I share my love for organization, home decor, DIY projects and food. I currently reside in the suburbs of Philadelphia with my husband, Bryan, and my mini dachshund puppy, Pete. When I’m not blogging, I’m doing content marketing and freelance writing.
Today I’m sharing details about how I organize my cleaning supplies and ways that you can do it too. If you enjoy this post, be sure to head on over to my blog and say hello! You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram.
I want to preface this post by saying that I’m slowing moving toward more natural, earth-friendly, safe products. All the products I use in my kitchen (near my food!) don’t have harmful ingredients such as parabens, phthalates, formaldehyde, ammonia and chlorine bleach. However, that being said, I’m having trouble finding alternatives for some products because the more natural versions just don’t seem to clean as well. If you have any suggestions, I’d love to hear from you!
I’ve lived in my apartment for almost two years now and have I’ve acquired a bunch of cleaning supplies. As much as I love organizing and decorating, cleaning always feels like a chore. I guess I need to develop a cleaning schedule to keep me on track, but I’ll have to save that for another post! A few weeks ago I decided that if I wanted to really enjoy cleaning, I needed to make sure that my supplies were easily accessible and organized.
Here are some easy steps to quickly organize your cleaning supplies:
1. Collect all supplies from around your home and place into one large pile.
2. Consolidate any bottles that may be mostly empty. Recycle the empties.
3. Decide where you’d like to keep your cleaning supplies. This will dictate the type of container you’ll be keeping your supplies in. I keep my cleaning supplies in a few different spots. I place the items I grab every day under my kitchen sink in a bucket I bought at Target. This includes: Caldrea All Purpose Cleaner and Mrs. Meyers Multi-Surface Spray (I have at least two of this spray at all times.) I use it to wipe down my kitchen counters every single night. I hate a dirty countertop!
For the items I only use occasionally, I keep the them in a clean plastic bin under my guest bathroom sink. This includes: Windex glass cleaner, natural shower spray, Resolve carpet cleaner (2), and Scrubbing Bubbles shower cleaner (2).
4. If the items are organized in a way that it’s hard to read the labels, make your own! Since I keep some supplies in a tall plastic container, it’s hard to see the labels from the outside. Instead of having to pull out the entire bin every time I want to clean, I used a Sharpie marker to label what each product is for. For instance, I wrote “Glass” on the top handle of my Windex bottle, “Carpet” on the Resolve and “Shower” on the Scrubbing Bubbles. It’s not the most sophisticated method, but it works for me!
5. Be sure to include any cleaning accessories. I like keeping extra trash bags and my handy dandy microfiber cloth under my sink with the supplies I use daily.
Thanks for reading! I hope these tips work for you as much as they did for me. Don’t forget to check out my blog and follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram to continue to conversation there.
Thanks for the great tips Nicole!
How do you organize your cleaning supplies?
Thanks for visiting!
You may find me linking up here:
Inspiration Monday Party, Much Ado About Monday – Huckleberry Love, Link it or Lump it Sunday, Link it or Lump it Sunday, Craftastic Monday at Sew Can Do, Monday Funday, Motivate Me Monday – Keeping It Simple, Time To Sparkle, Tutorials & Tips Link Party at Home Stories A to Z, Not Just a Housewife, The Winthrop Chronicles, Hit me with your best shot, Work it Wednesday, Whatever Goes Wednesday – Southern Crafts , Link’n Blogs, Creative Connection, Play Party Pin, Inspiration Spotlight – Dear Creative, Weekend Bloggy Ready – Serenity Now, Skip the Housework Saturday, DIY Inspired Link Party, Creative Spark Link Party, The Creative Exchange, Enchanting INspiration, Pretty Pintastic Party, Think & Make Thursday