A colorful rainbow cloud spring craft you can make with yarn and pom poms. Add some color and whimsy to your child’s room or any place in your home. Check out the easy to follow tutorial and create your own.
This post contains affiliate links, view my full disclosure policy here.
As Spring rolls around every year I’m inspired to add more color to my crafts. With the snow melting and more sun each day I can’t help but reach for bright and colorful craft supplies.
This simple rainbow cloud craft is a fun way to use all the colors. There are no cutting machines or fancy tools required to make this wall hanging, just basic craft supplies.
Scroll down to watch just how easy this is to make, or read through the entire tutorial and follow the step by step photos.
My youngest daughter has a pretty colorful room. She’s kept the striped walls I did back before she was born. Since then she has added posted, maps and her own art to the walls.
This rainbow cloud art hangs above her bed now and fits her bright personality perfectly.
Rainbow Cloud Craft Supplies
A few notes about the supplies I used in this project. Start with a thin piece of cardboard, the kind that you find on the back of a legal pad or notebook. It’s thin enough to cut with a scissors and hole punch, but strong enough to hold all the embellishments.
Use white pom poms in a variety of sizes. I chose these thick and fluffy 2 inch white balls that are so soft. Then I added in smaller standard sized white pom poms to fill in the gaps. To save a litte, you can opt for cotton balls here too.
I bought new yarn for this project because I wanted a little bit in every color of the rainbow. This bundle comes with small skeins of yarn in all the right colors.
Rainbow Cloud Spring Craft with Yarn
A bright and colorful rainbow craft for Spring
- Yarn in a rainbow of colors
- Thin cardboard
- White pom poms
- Hole punch
- Draw a cloud shape on a piece of thin cardboard and cut it out.
- Use a hole punch to punch holes along the bottom of the cloud and 1 hole on the top.
- Using a notebook, wrap 1 color of yarn around 20 times.
- Slide the loop of yarn off the notebook and set aside. Repeat this step for every color.
- Grab 1 color of yarn and cut the loop at one end.
- Divide each color of yarn into 2 piles.
- Tie the top, uncut, side of the yarn with white yarn. Then thread the white yarn through the first set of holes in the cloud and tie a knot on the back.
- Repeat this step with all colors, tying 2 bundles of each color to the cloud.
- Tie a loop of white yarn to the top as a hanger.
- Use glue to add pom poms to the front of the cloud. Start with large size and fill in the gaps with smaller one.
- Let the glue dry then hang up the wall hanging. Trim the yarn to a uniform length if needed.
I hope this tutorial inspired you to create your own rainbow craft.
If you like this project, be sure to pin and share it.
Thanks for visiting!