A good Halloween party needs food and drinks that fit the theme. This is almost as important as the decorations and costumes. Find my recipe for Halloween punch below and start planning the best Halloween party yet.
This post may contain affiliate links, view my full disclosure policy here.
If you have been reading this blog a while you know how much I love Halloween. Its the holiday my imaginative kids and I go crazy for. We love coming up with silly and scary costumes and decking out the front porch for trick or treaters.
When it comes to throwing a Halloween party, I typically like to keep it family friendly. Since my friends and I all have little kids we want our events to include them. That doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy an alcoholic punch! I like to make 2 batches, one for kids and one for adults.
There are so many ways to create a good punch. Typically you mix a fruit juice with some clear spirits and top it off with something bubbly. To make a great punch, it’s all about mixing the right flavors.
This red Halloween punch is a mix of tart cranberry and sweet pomegranate juices. A little bit of sparkling soda gives it just enough bubbles while maintainging that deep red color.
Serve up this punch in a big bowl with skull shaped ice cubes. Or make one glass at a time. Inexpensive glasses like these can be found at Dollar Tree or Walmart and can be washed and reused next season.
Halloween Punch Tips
- Use cranberry juice for a more tart flavor.
- Try a cranberry juice blend like cran-grape or cran-apple for a more mild flavor and lighter color.
- Substitute sparkling water in place of gingerale for a less sweet version.
- Omit the alcohol for a family friendly Halloween punch
- Try shaped ice or reusable eye ball ice cubes for a fun garnish.
- 1 c. pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice blend
- 1/2 cup white rum
- 1/4 cup triple sec
- 3/4 cup ginger ale
- orange slices to garnish
- Combine ingredients in a pitcher or bowl and stir.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Pour into two glasses and garnish with orange slices.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 298Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 22mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 0gSugar: 38gProtein: 0g
Love this Halloween punch recipe? Pin it now.
Looking for more Halloween recipe ideas? Look no further. From drinks to sweets I have a few recipes that will spice up your party.
Take a look at these posts for tips on throwing a awesome Halloween party.
Thanks for visiting!