Learn how to make a patriotic layered jello shot with this recipe and tips.
A red white and blue drink is a fun way to celebrate the 4th of July or any other summer holiday. You can try a classic layered cocktail, or a frozen red white and blue drink. Or you can put your mixology skills to the test and make these red white and blue layered jello shots.
This post contains affiliate links, view my full disclosure policy here.
If you love simple inspiring projects from crafts to home decor, you’ll want to subscribe to Creative Ramblings. Subscribers receive exclusive access to my VIP library full of printables, games, cut files, art, and more. Plus a regular newsletter with exclusive content.
I am partnering with some other cocktail lovers to bring you a host of summer drinks. Pin these recipes and try them all this summer, you and your guests will be happy you did.
The key to a perfect layered shot is timing. Make sure you have a few hours ahead of you before starting this recipe. Each layer needs to set in the refrigerator for 60 minutes so you can add the next layer without mixing colors.
Start with blue Jell-o as the bottom layer. Mix it up according to the recipe below and fill 24 plastic cups with a small amount of blue Jell-o. Refridgerate and elt it set before moving on.
The second, white layer, is made using sweetened condensed milk. It adds a creamy flavor and it’s the only way I’ve found to get a white layer into this shot. Let this layer set as well.
Finally mix up the red Jell-o and add it to the top. Give these shots a final cool down in the fridge and you are ready to serve!
- 3oz Blue Jello
- 3oz Red Jello
- .25 Unflavored gelatin
- 7oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2.25 cups vodka
- 3.25 cups hot water
- Mix blue jello powder with 1.25 cups of hot water and stir until dissolved. Add 3/4 cup vodka and mix well.
- Pour blue jello into 2oz shot cups filling 1/3 of the way full.
- Refrigerate for 60 minutes.
- Miz .25 oz (1 packet) or unflavored gelatin with 3/4 cup hot water and stir until dissolved. Add 3/4 cup vodka and stir.
- Mix in 7oz. sweetened condensed milk and stir until combined.
- Remove blue jello shots from the refrigerate and pour white jello mixture on top, filling a third of the cup.
- Refrigerate for 60 minutes.
- Mix red jello powder with 1.25 cups of hot water and stir until dissolved. Add 3/4 cup vodka and mix well.
- Remove jello shots from the refrigerator.
- Pour red jello on top of the first two layers and refrigerate for 60 minutes until set.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 73Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 22mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g
Give this layered jello shot a try, you’ll get about 2 dozen using these cups.
If you like this layered jello shot, pin it now and try the recipe this summer.
Now take a look at these delicious summer cocktails and click over for the full recipe.
Pina Colada Sangria from Happy Go Lucky Blog • Blueberry Pomegranate Martini from Weekend Craft • Canadian Sunset from Red Cottage Chronicles • Red White and Blue Layered Jello Shots from Creative Ramblings • Irish Whiskey Summer Iced Tea from Our Crafty Mom
Thanks for visiting!