Flowers, fresh or faux, are a colorful and easy way to decorate your home. This paper flower shadow box is a statement piece that now fills a bare wall in my upstairs hallway. Let me show you how to create rolled paper flowers and turn them into a bold piece of art.
Today’s post is part of the DIY floral challenge over on YouTube, be sure to check out my video and the playlist of other floral decor projects. The challenge this month was to decorate with flowers but we had to create our own flowers. The projects in the playlist are really out of the box and so creative! A must watch if you are looking to add some color to your home this Spring.
Now, onto this rolled paper flower shadow box. I used my Silhouette to cut paper flowers from yellow and white cardstock. The flower design is readily available in the Silhouette store and comes in a variety of styles. I chose yellow and white because these accent colors are in just about every room in my home. This means I can move this piece to another room someday if I choose and the colors will fit right in. Rolling paper flowers take some getting used to, but after you made a couple they will go quick.
Once I had a pile of flowers, I glued them to the back of the shadow box at random.
To add a little something extra to this floral shadow box, I cut the phrase “Live life in full bloom” from black vinyl again using my Silhouette. I transferred that to the glass front of the shadow box and this piece was finished.
Be sure to watch the video for all the details and to see exactly how I rolled the paper flowers.
- 12 x 16 shadow box
- Cardstock in yellow and white
- Flower cut file
- Black vinyl
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Start by loading a flower cut file into the Silhouette studio and cutting it from white and yellow cardstock.
- Roll each cut piece into a flower starting on the outer end and finishing with the circle at the end of the flower. Use hot glue to secure it in place.
- When all the flowers are rolled, use hot glue to add them to the inside back of the shadow box.
- Finally, replace the back of the shadow box creating a lovely framed floral art piece.
- To add a quote, simply cut the words from black vinyl using your Silhouette and transfer them to the glass of the shadow box.
Learn how to make felt flowers
Dollar Store Spring Wreath
Thanks for visiting!