This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. #Zima #Z2K #CollectiveBias
The 90’s bring back memories of neon, platform sandals, and dial up internet. I remember summer picnics where every cold drink was encased in a colorful koozie while the radio played and life was good. With summer upon us, I wanted to bring back a little nostalgia this in celebration of Zima® coming back for a limited time. Learn how to sew a koozie with a 90’s retro look, the perfect accessory to your Zima® and summer celebration.
Yup, you read that right. Zima®, the iconic refreshing citrus beverage from the 90’s is back for a limited time. You can’t enjoy a Zima® without a walk down memory lane. For me, that’s thinking about bright colors, cassette singles and scrunchies. Learn how to sew a koozie and reminisce with me a bit. Be sure to grab a case of Zima® at your local grocer while supplies last to pair with these fresh koozies.
- Sewing machine – or needle and thread
- Koozie Template
- Iron on Vinyl
- Electronic cutting machine
- Gather your supplies. Start with bright neon colors of felt and contrasting iron on vinyl.
- Grab an old koozie (I am sure you have one in a box or spare drawer somewhere), cut it open and trace it onto the felt.
- Cut out the felt shape and fold it in half, making sure the edges match up.
- Sew the straight edges together making sure to backstitch so the ends are secure.
- Test out your koozie for a snug fit and trim any excess felt.
- Cut out fun 90’s graphics using your electric cutting machine and iron them onto the koozie. I chose a tape, some confetti that was everywhere in the 90’s and a fun quote.
These koozies are sweet! They not only keep your hands comfy around your Zima® but they make a great conversation starter. Sew a few of these koozies and wrap them up with a case of Zima® this summer for your next BBQ, a perfect hostess gift. Not bringing Zima® to your next party? How rude!
Will Zima® be around forever? As if! Get your Zima® now while supplies last and whip up a set of these cool koozies to go with it. Whether you remember the original Zima® or are are new to the craze and looking for a refreshing summer drink, grab some Zima while it lasts.
Want some more 90’s fun? Head over to the Zima® website and learn how to prep for #Z2K and where you can buy Zima® locally. You’ve got 90’s on the brain now; tell me your favorite 90’s memory.
Thanks for visiting!
Saturday 23rd of June 2018
These are very cute and should tackle the problem of condensation on cold bottles. I did wonder about the pattern. Did you add a seam allowance? Also, does the felt stretch as much as a "bought" koozie would?
Thanks for sharing your great ideas,
Monday 25th of June 2018
I used a Koozie as a pattern, I just cut down the seam. The pattern had a .25 inch seam allowance so that it was I used. The felt has some give but doesn't stretch as much as the foam ones. Thanks!