This tutorial for a easy to make tassel banner is something you will want to save and pin for your next party. This is an easy DIY that costs about $1. Get the full tutorial below and be sure to save this post for your next party.
I made this peach colored tassel banner for a wine tasting, it was a last minute addition that I was inspired to create when I saw a pretty swirled plastic table cloth. You only need a few supplies and after you make this once you’ll be whipping these tassel banners up for every party.
This post contains affiliate links, view my full disclosure policy here.
Tablecloth Tassel Banner
- Plastic Tablecloth
- Baker’s Twine
- Start with a rectangle plastic tablecloth and fold lengthwise 4 times. Cut along one folded seam so the bottom is open.
- Cut fringe along the tablecloth starting on the side with no seams and going up leaving about 1 inch of space before the fold.
- Cut fringe apart leaving 3 layered pieces in each section.
- Open one section and lay flat, then tie with a piece of baker’s twine.
- Fold the section back over itself to create a full tassel.
- Attach each tassel to a longer piece of baker’s twine to create a banner.
This DIY tablecloth tassel banner is so easy to make. One tablecloth, from a Dollar Store, can make a full and colorful backdrop for any party. Combine a few colors and string them around your home, over a buffet or gift table and around table edges. These versatile tassels hold up better than tissue paper and can be reused.
Thanks for visiting!