Learn 2 napkin folding ideas for Valentine’s day. How to fold a napkin into a heart and how to fold a napkin into a rose.
This post may contain affiliate links, view my full disclosure policy.
Adding a few special items to a holiday table is a fun way to add to the festive mood. This could be a centerpiece, some nice dishes, or a pretty folded napkin.
Best cloth napkins
Cloth napkins don’t have to be used just for holidays or special occasions. Switching over from paper napkins or paper towels to reusable napkins is an easy way to reduce waste.
Opt for cotton napkins that wash well and come out of the dryer without wrinkles. You want to avoid shiny or polyester fabrics that won’t absorb liquids.
These are my go to napkins, I have them in every color. They are 18 inches square, wash up nicely and don’t hold any wrinkles.
If you are looking to make the switch to cloth napkins here are a few tips.
- Keep a stash of napkins near your eating area. I keep ours in basket next to the table.
- Set the table with a napkin for each person.
- Stash away paper napkins so you are not tempted to use them.
- Machine wash and dry and place them right back in the basket for the next use.
Folding a cloth napkin is a fun way to add some interest to your table. Do this with every meal, or save these ideas for a holiday.
Valentine’s Day Ideas
Be sure to watch the video in this post for a clear guide on how to fold these Valentine’s day napkins.
Learn how to fold a napkin into a heart. This is a simple fold and the napkin can be placed on a plate.
How to fold a heart napkin
- Fold the bottom of up to the mid point.
- Fold the top down to the mid point.
- Fold the whole napkin half. The opening should be facing toward you.
- Fold down the right side.
- Fold down the left side.
- Carefully flip the napkin over.
- Fold down the inner corner on the right, tucking the ends into the bottom flap.
- Repeat this on the left side.
- Flip the napkin over.
- Fold in the top right corner.
- Repeat with the top left corner.
Learn how to fold a rose napkin. This technique is pretty straightforward but it looks amazing! The perfect way to impress your guests.
How to fold a napkin into a rose
- Fold a napkin into a triangle.
- Beginning on the wide end, roll up the napkin leaving 3 inches unrolled.
- Starting on the right, tightly roll the napkin all the way to the end.
- Tuck the end into the rolled napkin.
- Pull the 2 flaps down.
- Spread them over the roll undernearth.
- Turn the napkin over to reveal a rose with 2 leaves.
Learn a new fold for every holiday. Try these 3 ideas for a Christmas table; a tree, bow and envelope.
Use a pastel napkin to create cute bunny ears for Easter, there is even an option to fold a napkin around a hard boiled egg.
Set a sophisticated Halloween table with this bat napkin folding idea.
All of these napkin folding ideas can be done with paper napkins as well as paper towel. Try your hand at a few new techniques and have fun with your holiday table.
Like these ideas? Pin and share this post.
Thanks for visiting!